Friday, July 17, 2015

All About Stitches and How They Itch




 “Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway.”

My new quote this week. I like it J Kinda makes me want to rebel… against what? I have no idea. But nonetheless, it’s wants me to go be awesome at something!

So…. I am still in one piece. This weekend my body and I just crashed. Hard. My arm was so sore from the tetanus shot. (I thought it was from doing pushups. I did some Wed. night before my disastrous run… by some I mean 10. Yeah… no upper body strength. Never have had any. No judgement! But I realized that if I was sore from pushups… both arms would be sore. Not just my left.) My arm got more and more sore over the weekend and the pain kinda spread throughout my arm. My ankle is still sore. It’s the one I hurt in college, but the outside. I think it has something to do with stepping on a baseball sized rock and falling on my face. Im sure that it was tweaked. I am all for hunting that Alice in Wonderland rabbit down and eating him/her. I’m not usually that violent but guess what… its his/her’s fault and rabbit is tasty. This is exactly what the rabbit looked like:

 
This is the rabbit from Alice and Wonderland:

 

SEE!!!! Slap a waistcoat on Mr.Rabbit and it’s the Alice Rabbit. But instead of me falling down a rabbit hole, I fell flat on my face/hand/leg into a pile of vicious, flesh cutting rocks. Perhaps Im not worthy enough to go to Wonderland, so I missed the hole? If I ever find the wardrobe to Narnia… that better work. Just saying.

My stitches look better. See:


I sat out of soccer this week though. Lame. I decided that it wasn’t it worth it, because knowing my luck I’d get cleated right in my stitches. I really cannot handle my stitches splitting open. Speaking of that… I have no idea how one gets stiches removed. I have an inkling, and I hope I’m wrong. I am going to drink lots of water so I don’t pass out. Kinda hoping it isn’t the same Doctor Friend that I had last time. She was funny…. But not funny. I can’t handle her when I am attempting to be ok with a needle and thread being pushed through my flesh. I really don’t want to talk about antiques when someone is sewing my skin. Any other time, I will gladly discuss Chippendale, Serves and Wedgwood. Just not while Im attempting to keep myself from freaking out.

My stiches are starting to itch. I am not a fan. I had a dream last night that there were tiny little bugs crawling over my wound and I woke up to my leg itching like CRAZY. You know how you aren’t the smartest crayon in the box when you are rudely awakened suddenly. Well… I was convinced that there were a million little bugs on my leg. Convinced enough to turn on the light and check the sheets. Watson was not amused. He even woke up enough to meow at me. It is all a foggy blur, but I am pretty sure I told him to shut up before falling back into bed.

Speaking of kitty… he had an eventful weekend. It was 75% his fault and 25% mine. I apparently an incapable of closing the front door. I don’t think it latched and slowly creaked open without me noticing. One minute Watson has his cute little head in all of the cupboards (I was purging them) and leaping in and out. The next minute he was exploring the great outdoors. Usually that would have been fairly non-adventurous. That day, however, I was dog sitting and both dogs were inside the front yard fence. This is where I mess up… I spot Watson on the opposite side of the yard then the dogs so… what do I do? Walk towards him telling him how running outside was a dumb idea. The dogs hadn’t even noticed that he was roaming about… until I drew attention to him. He was a sitting duck. Fluffy can tearing over to inspect. I was proud of Watson. He faced Fluffy, arched his back, took a swipe at her… and missed. After the miss he became more of a scaredy cat (get it!) and went up a huge tree. It was blaringly apparent that this cat had never scaled a tree before. The poor thing was halfway up the trunk, clinging for dear life and incredibly stuck. I peeled him off the tree and he gives me the dirty look he could muster. Seriously? Yes… I may have been the reason that a dog just came full-out sprinting at you, but I just peeled you off a tree and you were the one who went out of the door. I have one ungrateful cat.

More to come on the next!

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment