Friday, July 10, 2015

Stitches Cont'd and Dashed Lego Dreams


First of all… thank you everyone for the Facebook comments, messages, emails and texts that I have received! They definitely made my day and some were hilarious. It is so amazing how much support I have from friends and family, even though I am far, far away! I am so grateful for everyone! J

According to my blogger stats… the blog was 68 times yesterday! SIXTY-EIGHT. I don’t know 68 people… so someone just must have gone into a lot! Yesterday’s post was viewed 45 times!! You all really need to get a life and do something besides reading my boring blog!! Perhaps I should up my ante!

I survived work yesterday… somehow. I need to come up with another story, however. Every time someone asked what happened to my leg… it went something like this:

Concerned Co-Worker (CC)- “Yo Anna! What’s up with your leg”

Me- “oh…. I had to get stitches”

CC- “WHAT?!?! Why?!?”

Me- “Ummmm…. Well…. I was running… and… well… I kinda tripped and fell into a bed of rocks….”

CC- *begins chuckling…. Realizes they are chuckling… looks guilty and then “Ummm wow. Im sorry. So a rock cut you? How many stiches do you have?”

Me- “Yeah I think it was a rock because that’s what I fell on. And there are 8”

CC- “Holy Crap!! You have 8 from a rock?!? And you fell running??” *begins to chuckle again…. Realizes that they are chuckling… looks guilty and then “well I hope it heals fast and you are ok!”

Me- “Thanks……”

I definitely need a better story. Something involving an angry dog, or a harrowing rescue of a baby.

I am one of those girls that eat their feelings. Not gunna lie. I stopped at Walmart to get some Bday supplies, and remembered that I didn’t have dinner planned. Crap. So I made a journey down my favorite aisle…. The Tyson chicken/TGIF Fridays/Ice Cream aisle. I wanted everything. And I saw the Tyson “buffalo” chicken bites and got an enormous craving for wings, but knew that those chicken bites would stink and not live up to my expectations. So… I bought a pack of chicken, cut it up, DRENCHED it Franks Red Hot sauce (combined with uber top secret ingredients). I ate almost the entire package of chicken. I had taken the bandage off of my wound and cleaned it by this point, so I needed to eat my weight in buffalo chicken. To make myself feel better, I keep telling myself that it was better than eating the breaded Tyson Chicken bites!

Last night was another adventure. Although it wasn’t quite as bad as urgent care… I still did not enjoy. I am pretty certain that I held my breath for the entire time that I was unwinding my bandage. Then I would be really nervous because I was going to see the stitches, then realized there was another layer to unravel… then I got really nervous to see the stitches… then realized there was a gauze pad. (If you remember, I was laying on my back, staring at the ceiling and clutching my ice pack when they cleaned/bandaged me all up. I had zero recollection of how many layers were wrapped around my leg) It was when I hit the gauze layer that things got a little hairy. My “no stick” gauze square was STICKING!!!!! FALSE. ADVERTISING.

I want to re-iterate that I have never injured myself… so I was completely horrified that the gauze was sticking to the knots of my stitches via dry and crusty blood. That was when I started chanting “I can do this… I can do this…” over and over. The breathing stopped again, while I slowly unstuck the crusty, black with blood, bandage. I was really registering what I was seeing underneath… just focusing on the unsticking process, so when I was finally done staring in horror at the gauze in my right hand, I looked down and saw this:

 


That. Be. GROSS. Have you ever seen something that horrifies you, but it’s so disturbing that you can’t stop staring? That was me in that moment. I could see the skin being pulled together by the 8 stitches and the 8 little lines that was taunt from holding my flesh together. Then I started looking at the little threads and realized that they went under my skin too... and they were pulling my skin together. Then I just kept thinking about it… and staring and then freaking out. I told Watson all about it, but otherwise I would have started to lose it. And I was delaying the inevitable… I had to clean it.

Ahhhh cleaning stitches. What a pleasant and soothing experience. NOT! My leg was no longer numb so 1. It hurt. 2. I could feel every gentle tug at my skin every time I hit a knot with the gauze. I had to talk aloud the entire time. I was basically being a crazy person. I loved that every now and then Watson would meow and I interpreted them as “You got this” or “That sucks”. Although he was most likely telling me “Suck it up”, “You are fine” or “You have completely lost sanity that you previously possessed”. Im sticking with the encouraging phrases J My aching wound was now hurting and bright red at this point…. So I went to eat my feelings (see above paragraph about chicken)

This morning I made a slightly shady decision… I picked pants. It was an attempt to hide the sewing job on my leg (which did work) but every time I move, I feel the little “bunny ears” (as my doctor called them… which is kinda ironic since it was a rabbit that put me in this situation. And my mom broke her leg because of rabbits (she claims)… Are bunnies out to get the Rusch girls??) wiggle. When they wiggle they pull the stitch that is imbedded in my flesh. Its gross and slightly painful. Painful is too strong of a word… twingy?

Topic change:

All of you Western New Yorkers will hate me after this statement…. I want to be cold. I want to walk outside and get hit with a wall of cold (or at this point even cool) air. Even walking outside in a long sleeve shirt and being comfortable would be awesome. It’s always hot here. Always. It better snow wherever I am for Christmas this year. I miss it. Yes it’s a pain, Yes I hate shoveling, Yes its gross when it’s all brown… but it’s awesome really pretty and crunches under my uber cute winter boots that I haven’t gotten wear at ALL this past year. (And my winter coat, scarves, mittens and hats. Winter has such great accessories)

I had such a great plan. I had it all planned out. I was going to save up enough Lego VIP points and buy the one set that I drool over every time I walk into the Lego store. (Besides the Death Star of course. I cant justify spending that much money on that) I want the Tower Bridge. It’s a little sad and slightly pathetic how much I want it. I decided that $125 is the most I can justify on spending on one box of plastic pieces. (especially since I build all my sets instantly… and fast. Once I start I cant walk away) At 4287 pieces, 40in long x 17in high x 10 wide, complete with a red double decker bus and London taxi, the set is a whopping $240. It is $115 over my $125 limit. But… I have $30 in ID points. The plan… save every point and earn $$$ to make up the $115 difference. Imagine my dismay then when I receive this email:


 
WHAT?!?!?! POINTS EXPIRE?!??!! Since when?!? L

OK that’s all I have. And I need to get to work! Until next time something crazy happens to me….

No comments:

Post a Comment