Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Soccer, Dictator of the World and Other Uselessness


I love summer. Not just for the weather, but the months of June and July where there is a spectacle of the best sport ever to be played. (Well every 4th summer there isn’t… that’s a sad summer) Soccer. The Women’s team is my absolute favorite. They, unlike the men, win games and meet expectations. Gold medals galore…. And no World Cup Trophy. It’s the one thing they don’t have… and at this rate the one thing they won’t win. Monday’s game was torture… I was pacing, stress eating, and was yelling at the tv. It was ugly soccer. Uncreative soccer. Big names who need to show up weren’t present. The flat, un-dynamic 4-4-2 is struggling in its uncreative attacks. Predication after last night’s game? We will limp by and win against China (if we are lucky) and then lose in the semi’s. Unless, of course, they start to echo the USA team of old… with exciting, creative soccer that builds from the midfield.

I never ever get political in this but… one thing. Why is keeping the confederate flag flying in South Carolina (or any state for that matter) is even a DEBATE. Republicans politicians are dancing around the subject of the flag so they don’t lose half of their voter base. Goodness, just say what you think. Politics are ridiculous. After watching John Oliver and VICE every week… Im realizing how unfair stuff is. And ridiculous! (seriously… check these shows out. It’s infuriating). It makes me want to be Ruler of the World. I think I would make an excellent dictator. Imagine if a politician was honest and didn’t care about how much of their “supporters” they were offending? It would be refreshing. (again… I would be the best dictator ever) Rusch 2024 J

I keep saying this… I know I do. But I would REALLY like to have all of my stuff. I wanted to watch Pride and Prejudice last weekend. In NY and not on Netflix. I wanted to watch Love Actually… In NY and not on Netflix. I actually wanted my French horn this past weekend too. Goodness it is frustrating. My copies of East of Eden, LOTR, and Pride and Prejudice are sitting on my bookshelves at home too.

My morning runs stink. I have no energy in the morning. I run by green lawns and dream of just laying down and going back to sleep. The 1.5 miles is pure torture, but when I run at night 2.5 isn’t all that bad. I can’t figure it out. I think it’s a water issue… but idk. Still working on it. I can’t wait to raid the soccer fields at the school! I have decided that driving around to the school is a safer option… and will have a higher success rate!

I think Im going to have trouble keeping up this exercise schedule. Actually I know I am. Im a quitter when it comes to this. I’ll admit it. When I played team sports I had to be faster and better then everyone. (or at least try) I was motivated… score the most goals, steal the most bases, dribble the fastest, make the best runs and see the field the best. (I also wanted Player of the Year, but lost by a vote. Im still mad at that. Probably time to let that one go!) Only this allowed me to practice hard, stay later, and work on days off. Now… it’s just me. I can’t push myself. I need Palmer to yell at me. I need someone to keep me accountable. I need a goal to work towards otherwise when I don’t want to go for a run, it is very VERY easy to say “no harm if I don’t”. At the moment I am bribing myself with new workout clothes. $2 each day I get out of bed early and run. Blah. Not sure how long that bribe will last.

Another item on my list is actually cooking myself meals. I looked up all of these recipes and got all of the stuff… and have forgotten to take the chicken out of the freezer all week. Fail. I have gotten 2 of the 3 steps done. (1. Plan. 2. Shop. 3. Cook) It just happens that the step Im missing is pretty important. Maybe next week?

I can’t believe that I am saying this… but…. Wait for it…. I kinda miss Ashville Days. (Cue burst of laughter from everyone) The fireworks are the BEST and the garage sales stink, but there is something fun about wandering through crowds to look at crap, avoiding lawnmowers getting ready for the big race, and stray dodgeballs. Every time the Ashville Days day rolls around, I think of holding the newest Harry Potter book (that I had been waiting for all morning by standing in the dining room window staring intently at the mailbox) and being completely engrossed when there was a knock on the screen door. Although I am extremely grateful that my friends had trekked out to my house to get me for garage sales shopping, I was so SO mad at my mom for making me go. All I wanted to do was stay in the chair and binge read Harry Potter. Pretty sure that the only reason I had friends sometimes was because I had a social mother who wouldn’t let me blow off my friends for a book. Dad would have let me read….

Its baseball game weekend in Houston on Saturday. It’s the Yanks vs. the Astros. I can’t name a single Astro player in the history of the team, but Im cheering for them. I have a shirt and everything. I have this rule… cheer for whatever team that is playing the Yankees.

I sent my email to UT to inquire about their program. I am now obsessively checking my google account. Even though my phone will alert me of a new email… it’s pretty sad actually. I can check something off of my list though! Making so much progress already! #rockingit If he says that UT will be a good fit, it will be time to spend $$$$ on books and rock the stupid GRE. Third time is the charm right? (I went to London partly because they didn’t need the GRE’s…. that’s how awesome I am at this test)

One awesome thing about working from home is the impromptu dance parties that I can break out into. Pretty sure Watson hates them because he is usually abruptly awaken from his nap. They are so fun and it helps get me through my day. Today I am in the office... so I cannot get up to “shake it off”. (Although I do jive in my chair) Instead I decided it would be a good idea to close my eyes and listen to my song. Yeah… I had a human hovercraft and I jumped out of my skin when I opened my eyes. Goodness….

Im from the country…. I went to school in Panama. Im used to country smells and don’t mind them. Last night was pretty gross though. I came tearing down the driveway… anxious to be home from sitting in traffic on 410. I noticed a rather large cow patty but it was 1. Too late to avoid it 2. Usually crusty and rock like. Not this time. It splattered EVERYWHERE. There is cow ALL over my car and it stinks. Literally. Lucy literally stinks. After the Houston trip this weekend…. She is going through a carwash.

Some narcissism for the day… How adorable was I???! J

No comments:

Post a Comment