Sunday, September 13, 2015

Forgetting About Lucy & Other Random Updates


This is my life! :)
 
Watson has calmed down, and for that I am thankful. He bites somewhat, but not as often or as hard. He is licking more than biting, and purring more than clawing. He likes to sleep now, and romp outdoors. He comes back to the door on his own now, and he doesn’t have his moments of crazy sprinting. He is all curled up next to me as I write. I like having a cuddly buddy instead of a terror. It’s Watson and I vs. the World.  I miss Cooper, but he has been replaced by another 4 legged fur-ball.

All this guy does is sleep…



OK this whole running thing has to get real, and it has to get real fast! Im at like 3 miles… so I need to add 10 miles in 3 months. Doesn’t sound too bad, but this girl hates running. Like at all. I think I need to start saving for a bike. I LOVED riding mom’s when I was home. I need a workout that actually like to do. I like feeling the breeze and going fast on the bike, not huffing and puffing while running.  I have the Zoo Run this afternoon, which is a relay that each person runs 2 miles. I am really want to run it sub 18 minutes, but we shall see how that goes! (Update: I ran it in 19:40. ARGH. But I was a minute faster than last year and didn’t walk at all so… I guess that counts?)

I ventured out on Wednesday and went to McAllister Park to do my long run. I was having a serious mental block. I was so tired of my loop and running on a sidewalk that I needed to go somewhere new to get past my 2.8 mile brick wall. It was so nice to run at the park. They have a big 6 mile loop and other little ones that you can jump on to. I finally hit 4 miles. That is the first time since last Dec (for the 10k run) that I had gone over 3.2miles so… I was relieved. If I didn’t have to pee so incredibly badly, I could have gone for at least another half of a mile. (Sorry if that was too much info). I am going to go back today and try to get 5 in. Definitely making sure that my bladder is EMPTY before I start running this time! The run was so pretty though. Look who I saw:

 
(before I get any smart comments… no I did not need stitches after that encounter!!!)

So I was perusing the World Wide Web and found something extremely interesting. How did I NOT know about this?!?!  And who doesn’t love Harry Potter, and Eddie Redmayne. Seriously.


Phyllis Schlafly. Can someone please explain this woman to me? She relates to my last post on feminism. Don’t know who she is? Read this article below. (Good luck getting through it without throwing something) I was pretty annoyed by the end.


If that’s not enough… keep googling. What makes me the most mad is that she is all against women’s rights, all for the submissive wife BUT… she is (according to Wikipedia) “activist, author, and speaker and founder of the Eagle Forum.” So… the woman who thinks that women belong in the home is out campaigning, writing books and has had a (unfortunately) strong political career. Ummmmm what? How does that work? Shouldn’t she be in the kitchen or something? How can you promote something that, by promoting it, you are doing the exact opposite of what you are promoting? (Does that make sense?)

So I think I am losing it lately. I have let Watson outside twice this week and forgot that I had. Not only did I forget, but I couldn’t remember if I even had let him out once I remembered I hadn’t seen him for awhile. (See… not ready for offspring).

To add to that absent-mindness… I went outside to change my license plate holder (Thanks mom and dad!) and remembered that I had been driving around for 2 months with an expired registration. Before my parents call to yell at me… I had already renewed, but the sticker kept living on the kitchen counter instead of my windshield. So… decided it was about time to change it out. As I was figuring out the stupid sticker, I read my inspection sticker. 8 15. Ohhhh crap. Guess who also has an expired inspection. Thank you car windshield sticker gods…. I have to make it to the zoo and back tonight without getting pulled over. Then I get to spend a Saturday getting my car inspected. Shouldn’t be too busy because no one else in San Antonio is going to go to an auto place on a Saturday. Argh.

 (Update: I did make it to the zoo run and back with an expired inspection. The Saturday line could have been worse I guess… but I was a little annoyed because they no longer give you a sticker to put on your windshield. I have a piece of paper in my glove compartment to prove I was inspected. Umm… why didn’t I just tear off my sticker then and take a chance? When the guy said that to me, I just groaned and said “Ahh man… not my registration sticker is floating weird (it really is without the other sticker). If I would have known I would have waited to put on my registration sticker until after today. I JUST put it on my car on Thursday”. He says “Yeah a lot of people hate that their sticker is floating. Wait… your registration says it was due in July”… and he looks at me with a smirk. Yeah ok dude… you caught me. Geez.)

So my “bite” is really bothering me. I hope the thing that bit me has died a slow and painful death via another insect or something. The bite is behind my left knee so... it is constantly ripped open. This is what it used to look like:
That mountain portion is the size of a nickel
 

This is what it looked like on Wednesday (and still looks like that but the scab is bigger):
The scab is the sixe of a nickel and the red, swollen itchy part around it is a little bigger than a 50 cent piece
(Update. It now looks like a scab with dry skin all around it. I think it is FINALLY getting better!)
 

Ahhh technology. I really do love it. It is the age of “if you hate talking to people, you don’t have to” in terms of ordering things. For this introvert… it’s amazing. I just refilled my prescription online on CVS. I can order anything from Panera for Rapid pickup from my laptop or my phone. I order pizza online from Pizza Hut, customize everything and then go pick it up at a selected time. All without picking up the phone. Technology is such a beautiful thing.

I am so EXCITED for FOOOOOOTTTTBBBBBAAAALLLLL!!!! I am sad that I only get the stupid Cowboy’s games down here and no Bills. The stakes are higher this year in the Pick’em league so I really have to up my game (and NOT pick the Bills every week like I did last year. Probably would have come in first instead of second if I didn’t put so much faith in that team!) Other than watching football, I am just trying to get chores done so my week is slower. Running 4-5 miles takes up a lot of my night! (Im pretty slow!) I have to make sure to schedule workouts into life and plan around my runs instead of planning my runs around other stuff. I would never get out there if I didn’t schedule them!

Until next time…
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment