Saturday, May 24, 2014

Epidermis vs. Texas and Other Tales of Woe

Ok so this post will not be as woeful as the title suggests. I just thought that it sounded cool and dramatic. The Epidermis vs. Texas part on the other hand... that is legit. Its a battle that unfortunately my pasty white outer layer is losing.

Remember those stickers? Those mean little balls of spikes that I continuously complain about? Well Im going to complain about them again because I hate them. (more than the cows) For those of you who are not around me on Dec 20th every year (my sis's bday btw!) you miss my annual allergic reaction. Its a slight one. Im not rushed to the ER or popping Benedryl but it hurts, itches, stings and I get angry red bumps all over my arms. Christmas trees and I do not get along. As soon as I get poked by the evil little Blue Spruce needles, I am uncomfortable. That is nothing compared to what happens to my epidermis when I get stuck with a sticker. (before I move on... if you are wondering about the Dec. 20th date, we arent allowed to put the tree up before then because my parents love to torture me, so I beg that we put it up on the 20th.) Wow I am not sure how a simple story about stickers has turned into such a saga...

Anyways I fell earlier this week trying to be Ronaldinho and landed on my arms, hands, and leg. I had picked myself up, brushed off the dirt, mopped up the blood and pulled a few thorns out of my skin. Ok this isnt fun but no big deal. The next day I spent some of work trying to pull more out of my hand and there were angry red spots on my arms and legs. I made sure that all of the thorns were out of my skin and figured that everything would calm down and I would be back to normal. Wednesday is when things got gross. I took my cousin to swim practice and there was a track there so I wore workout clothes. I threw them on after work and ran off to bring her to practice. I was walking around the campus of Immaculate Word and felt a fly on my leg. I stopped to brush it off and just stared at my shin. The bumps were bright bright red and full of nasty green nastiness. I almost died, right there in the middle of a campus. The stickers are so tiny but yet they cause so much grossness and pain! I am officially not a fan and try to avoid them like the plague.

Ok that was way too much on stickers. In other news...

I going through a phase that I cant get enough coleslaw or potato salad. Its WEIRD. After the party on Wed, I inherited a bunch of food.. one of the items being potato salad. It was probably a 1/4 of the way gone but its the FAMILY size tub and its almost gone. In 2 days I have eaten (alone) almost an entire thing of potato salad that is meant to feed a party of people. Coleslaw is just as bad... I keep buying the container of it at the store and the first thing I do when i come home from work is crack open the container. I dont ruin my dinner on Oreo's anymore.. its coleslaw. It is so weird.

Speaking of dinners... I dont know whats wrong with me. At home I was in charge of dinner once a week and I rocked it. (generally. there were a couple int he 18 months that were rough but I blame the recipe not the chef) Down here I am horrible. I made chewy mac and cheese, non-spicy chicken wing dip, and many other fails. I am completely unoriginal with dinner ideas and am starting t live off of pasta again. This isn't good. Im not sure if its because this is someone else's kitchen down here or what. I need to start feeding myself better!

This weekend will be quiet and lazy. Im so excited. I can not remember the last time that I have had 3 days off in a row. I have cleaned, done laundry, showered, organized every article of clothing in my drawers. I ripped everything out of my drawers and refolded, organized and took inventory. I finally feel settled I think. I think I may watch a movie tonight... crazy. Oh and I have time to read!! Its sad how excited I am to have nothing to do.

Update on the bull: He has gone rouge. There hasn't been a sighting of him or his carcass. I thought you would all be concerned so I had to update you :) I havent had any awkward encounters with the cows recently. Perhaps my contorting in the field freaked them out and they are staying away.

Alright I think Im done blogging for the day. I want to read and this post is weird! :) Sorry for the random topics and gross content. I miss you all.





No comments:

Post a Comment