Friday, May 30, 2014

Tonsilloliths Are Gross


Yesterday didn’t quite go as planned.  From the moment my alarm went off (oh that’s right… it didn’t) to right before I fell into bed at 11pm the day was against me. I was wide awake at 5am ready to run a marathon. I laid there waiting for 6am. Some time passed and I thought “hmm.. its been awhile. I wonder how much longer I have” so I rolled over and it was 6:30. I was supposed to be up 30 minutes ago and leave in 20. Oh I forgot to mention that I needed to shower.  I was impressed that I was only 5 minutes late to work. Not too shabby! I did not have time to make a lunch though, so I went to Whataburger during my lunch break. It was scrumptious!

The rest of the day went as planned… work. Then it was off to softball practice. Finally… a sport I can hold my own in and not be a liability. It was fun to play catch and hit. Man slow pitch is SSSSSLLLLOOOWWWWW. The first two times I swung I could have swung again and hit the ball! I got the hang of it though.  I did go all feminist on my team…..

Softball. Women play softball correct? At least last time I checked the roster is all GIRLS. We were getting set up to bat and someone asked our pitcher if there were any smaller balls for the girls to practice batting with. What? They explained that when a girl is at bat, a smaller ball is used. THEY SWITCH OUT THE BALL. WHAT??? That make ZERO sense so just as I’m about to tell everyone exactly what I think about that, our pitcher is like “oh she will love the next rule”…

Rule #2 in this messed up league… when there are 2 outs and a guy is walked the girl (who bats next) is automatically sent to 1st base without batting. Why you may ask? So the defense isn’t walking the guy so he can’t hit and the next out (the girl) will be an EASY one. Ohhhh HELL no! First why are we treating anyone differently? Second who says a girl cant hit and is going to be an easy out?? It is so extremely sexist and demeaning! In co-ed soccer the guys push me around and steal the ball. They don’t stand back and say “oh a girl has it, I’ll be nice and not try to steal it!!!” Grrr… so I went all Spartan. It was a great first impression Im sure.. everyone probably thinks Im crazy.

After practice I got to go to… the Texas MedClinic. Oh it was fun. When I have free healthcare in England I don’t need to go to the doctor. When I am home with the best doctor ever and am living off of the government on free Obama care… I don’t need to go to the doctor. When I move to Texas and haven’t figured out a doctor… I need a doctor. So I make a call to the aunt and head to the MedClinic. I should probably explain why I was headed to the doctors huh? All day I had had a sore throat, headache and my stomach has been a gross for a bit. I looked at my throat at work and almost threw up when I saw a large white lump on the back right hand side. Ewww… So I call the mother to ask what strep looks like and I was informed that I did not have a choice… clinic it was.

Every time I visit a doctor that isn’t Dr. Holley, I miss Dr. Holley. Oh my goodness I miss him. Urgant care wasn’t a bad experience, but it wasn’t fun and friendly. I was asked what was wrong with me and if I had a fever. I wanted to say that I was here to find that out.. but didn’t. Apparently a 99.5 is not high enough of a fever to have strep because as soon as the nurse saw it she just looked at me and said that I didn’t have it. Ok… I would still like to see the doctor. He came in and looked down my throat and said that I did not have strep throat, but that since I was here that he would test me. He turns around, pull up google images, and googles Tonsil Stone. Yup.. that is exactly what I have. Why don’t I have normal ailments?? In college I had SHINGLES… and old person disease that none of my friends let me live down. (they are no joking matter btw. Shingles HURT) So I go thinking I have strep and I have tonsil stones. I hadn’t ever heard of tonsil stones. Basically it’s a build up of bacteria and they hurt. This morning was worse than yesterday. The back of the throat is BRIGHT red and swollen, it feels like someone is shoving Q-tips too far down my ears, Im pretty sure I have a fever because my teeth are starting to ache, and the absolute worst… I can feel the stone. Yeah its beyond gross. It feels like something is stuck in the back of your throat. Im nauseous just thinking about it. My tongue hits it when I swallow and I have to drink a ton of water with my meds (according to the doc) so its really really gross. If it falls out I am pretty certain that I am going to throw up. Just saying that right now.

Anyhoo… after the docs I went to CVS to pick up my meds, went through the McDonalds drive through (its 9:30 and I hadn’t eaten yet) and went home at last. Long day. The dogs were pumped to see me and wanted to eat my Big Mac (Fluff almost succeeded btw. Sneaky thing that one. She even got the bag knocked down on the floor. So close)

Tomorrow is my 15 seconds of humiliation at my relay. You will all hear about it this weekend. Promise.  If you are feeling courageous and want to learn something google Tonsil Stone. Its gross.

Miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment