Saturday, May 17, 2014

Catching Ya'll Up On My Life

Wow where to start?? Maybe with an apology? I am sorry that I have been slacking! I haven’t really… I have just been too busy from coming back from NYC. I feel like this weekend I have finally been able to feel caught up on my life! (clothes are clean, house is livable, and I know where everything is again!)

NYC in a nutshell…. Well as most of you know I went down for a meeting about how to apply to the University of Oxford. I left Thursday morning (easiest trip ever btw. The airport is literally 12 mins from my house) and got into the city in the afternoon. I stopped at Starbucks (like I always do) and got to Uncle Billy’s at about 3 where I immediately started devouring a bagel from my favorite bakery in Grand Central.

The Oxford meeting went well. It was right next to Zara so it took everything in my power to not stop and shop! The building was amazing and the meeting was on the 32nd floor so as I sat down and got settled when I looked out of the window, I could see the Statue of Liberty in the harbor. My jaw literally dropped.  The presentation was helpful and informative, but I loved it because it was so nice to see tweed again, and hear words like “jumper”, “trousers”, “keen”, “bloody” and “coach” all in a perfect British accent. I felt “homesick” for London.

On Friday I went shopping up and down 5th Ave and spent too much money… so it was a blast! That night Uncle Billy celebrated my birthday with Lobster Bisque and Duck at the Union League. So delicious. Saturday I went to a museum Uncle Billy and then spent too much money at the Strand! Sunday we went to church and I flew home… not an easy flight this time as we sat for an hour on the runway and had one of the worst landing I have ever experienced (I don’t like landings so that didn’t help)

Since being back in Texas... I have played my first flag football game since high school. Im really not good. That’s not me being modest. I did have a pretty nice catch and…. Forgot to run. Yeah. Stupid. I thought the guy had pulled my flags but by the time I looked down, realized he hadn’t, and started to move again he pulled them. At least I caught it right?? Oh and there are gender plays (don’t get me started…) that only the girls are allowed to play. The ball has to go to a girl like every 4th play or something and when it doesn’t there is a gender play. Well I was guarding my girl and the pass goes to her and I step up to intercept it… goes through my hands and right into hers and we are in the endzone so I gave up a touchdown. Argh. We play every Tuesday so Ill keep you all updated on my incompetence.

Im getting used to my commute…. But that does not mean I like it. Now I just get roadrage. I am literally in a bad mood when I get home from work everyday. On the flyover from 410 to 281 the traffic literally stops and we sit. So annoying! I miss back country roads that I can just drive on! On of these days Im going to get in a accident from rear ending someone. It literally is 65mph to 0 in a few feet. I hate it.

I really need to start working out so I am attempting to motivate myself. It SO hard for me to workout without goals (or PDogg yelling J haha) I don’t need to be faster, stronger or better then anyone else anymore so its hard for me to pick going for a run over sitting at the pool reading! Well Thursday night I actually did it. Laced up my cleats, got my ipod and ran (I lie… jogged) a mile on the ranch. The time was a horrible 8 mins and I was dead. At home I would collapse in the grass, but here if you do that I get thorns in me (more on that later). I decided to pump up the volume on my pod, and Timber came on( I hope the older generation doesn’t know that song..) For those of you who know me.. you know that I love having dance parties. Alone. Pump up the music and bust out the horribly embarrassing moves. Picture a Texas ranch field… me all alone rocking out in the middle of the open space with the hair on top of my head looking absolutely crazy. Im going crazy to this stupid song (no twerking though. When my kids ask me with disdain if I twerked, I will proudly be able to say no) Anyways all alone looking like Im convulsing and the song ends… I turn around to get my soccer ball and literally every cow on the ranch is there staring at me with that stupid cow look. You have GOT to be kidding me. They seriously see every stupid thing that I do. So the cows are still giving me grief.

The thorns… apparently they are called stickers (so the Texans say) which is not accurate. Stickers are fun and nice. This thorns are not. They are like the brown burrs back home, but meaner. They stick in my soccer ball and I cant walk outside without getting impaled by one. I have one buried in my finger from Thursday. Texas is hostile.

People at work and from home keep asking me if Im homesick… Yes and No. I am just starting having pangs of it on Wednesday night.  I don’t miss Ashville NY. I don’t think I ever really will now. Im used to being away. But I miss people. Heres where I get sappy…. I am so grateful for the support system and people in my life. Moving away has helped me to realize that I have a lot of people who are there for me.. and I feel so blessed. So I miss people. And they aren’t all from home! Looking through old pictures this week has made me miss a lot of friends that have been an important part of my life. I miss my soccer team too. I don’t think they realize how much I care about them and their successes. Back to being less serious… I miss food. Oh my goodness I miss Wegmans subs. Why didn’t I eat more of those in the last 18 months?? And the General… I need wings and a Similar to a Cuban. The weird one is Johnnys. I haven’t been there in ages, but as soon as I leave town I crave it.

I am loving San Antonio just because there are things here. Like a 5 min drive gets me to sushi, Chipotle, Orange Leaf, Target, Starbucks, Walmart, and like 50 restaurants. What??!! No more driving 45 mins to civilization!! Im in it! Im starting to find some more things. Slowly but surely.  


OK its my bedtime and I need to save some stuff for other blogs! I miss everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment