Monday, May 19, 2014

Everything I forgot to tell you on Saturday....

I trying to keep up with blogging now that my life is a little more under control! I remembered all sorts of things to tell as soon as I shut my laptop yesterday so I decided to crank out another post!

First item I forgot to mention... I got the dogs on Friday. The aunt and uncle were out of town this weekend and will be next weekend so I have two furry friends for the week. I love having them already. They make the creepy house less creepy! I forgot how much I forgot having a dog around. They are SO excited to see you everytime you come home. I walk out the door and get showered with licks and pummeled with wagging tails. Love it. (ok sometimes the licking is a bit much, but its really ok) They come in at night so it is nice to know that there are other beings in the house that are on my side!!

Work... I forgot to mention it. I am so incredibly grateful that I work 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week and can pay my bills. For those of you who dont know, I had been working 2 jobs (at one time 4) and was literally working everyday, all day for 18 months. I love having free time. Its a gift! The job isnt the dream. Not going to lie. Its a little and I think Im just frustrated because I dont know what Im doing on my new project and I constantly have to bug someone and ask. I dont dread going to work (which is something new for me!) but Im not 100% pumped either.

I have had a few new experiences down here! One of them being mowing.... with a push mower. I apparently have been spoiled in life. My definition of mowing is lazily basking in the sun (with tons of sunscreen of course) with the tunes playing and cold water in my cup holder. That mowing is fun. Its the best "chore" there is. Honestly though.. how is that chore?? Mowing for realeezes.... that sucks. I am scratched, tired, hot, tired, sore, tired, thirsty, tired and have blisters the size of Texas on my hands by the time Im done. Probably should mention that the yard is 1/16th the size of mine at home. When I done I lay down in the middle of the yard, and then get mad at how prickly it is, and lay there anyways because Im too tired to move. This time the dogs were here with me while I moved. They would follow me around, but as soon as I turned a corner and headed towards me they would flip out, sprint away, and start following me again. They needed to make up their mind... either they are scared of the mower or they arent. One or the other! I want to just open the gate and let the cows in to to my work for me. But alas I cannot. (I also would like to eat them but that is another story)

Another new experiences... new species of wild life. Gone are the days of cute rabbits and bears. Here there are HUGE rabbits with uber long ears. I named the one on the ranch Rabbit (after the Winnie the Pooh Rabbit. Not just because it is a rabbit.) The rabbit looks just like Rabbit. (confusing I know. Too many rabbits) Last week I saw these cool little green lizards... and they werent the little! They were so cute. Basically picture a Red Eff (is that how you spell that??) and make it 3 times bigger and BRIGHT green. They were so cool. I wanted to catch one, but I didnt know if the oil on my hands would hurt it like the Red Effs (thanks Girl Scouts!) More cool species... armadillos!! There is an entire family living in the yard. Im not sure if they are destructive, or mean, but they are cute. And there are little offspring. Tiny little armadillos. Adorable. I did almost kill them all... the dogs were barking to get into the pool area and I needed to go in to take off the chair cushions, so I opened the gate and saw an entire armadillo family booking it for cover. Ooops...

The last of my new experiences... hunting for the dead bull. Yup. I went a scavenger hunt for a carcass. Kinda made me feel a little Texan. Apparently a Bull is MIA and we were trying to find its body. For some reason we werent trying to find it alive... ?? Idk. I just went on the walk. We didnt find a rotting corpse thank goodness. I never heard if anyone found the bull... Ill ask and keep you all updated as Im sure you are on the edge of your seats and will lose seats worrying about it. I hope its not dead because it hasnt ever been part of the herd that gathers to watch me make a fool out of myself.

Working out.... dont doing well. PDogg.... I may need that voicemail of motivation. I laid down on the floor to do crunches in a frugal attempt to return to my glory days of having a legit 6 pack and.... I FELL ASLEEP. No joke. I was laying there motivating myself, looking at the lofty ceiling (its an old house) and I woke up 20 minutes later. HAHA Wow. I need help. Who naps instead of working out. I was ready. Inspiration cutoff on (it says "Train like a Beast, Look like a Beauty"), hair up, headband on to contain the fly away hair... and I fell asleep. ARGH. Palmer you need to come down and whip me into shape! (for free of course because Im poor. The weather is nice though!)

Tomorrow is my football game, so Im telling you right now that I wont blog tomorrow. Wednesday you will hear all about my incompetence. No worries. Be ready to chuckle. I start softball in June and will be much better at that (complete credit going to PDogg!)

I doubt he read this, but I desperately need Sam to fix my computer. My pop-ups are horrible and I miss his banter. (although I am on his list.) I also havent couponed since I have been down here. I sure dont miss CHQ one bit, except for who I worked with. I miss them all :) (and the golf carts!!!)

Well I need to make dinner and attempt to work out (for the second time tonight) I think Ill get out the soccer ball. My footwork is rusty and my shots are like rainbows. Unacceptable. I need to find somewhere to play!

Oh I completely forgot... Im running a relay for the Corporate Cup on May 31st. Im on a team of Accenture co-workers (i know one teammate well, he is my buddy, one slightly and one not at all). Im hoping they arent expecting much. Its been awhile since I have been fast. Cant wait to blog about that!!!!

I miss you all. Very much!


No comments:

Post a Comment