Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Raining, Cats, and Dogs


You would think that at some point in a 3 day weekend of laziness that I would be able to blog. Well… it was a weekend of laziness so please forgive me. I cant remember the last time that I had three days off in a row. In retail you work on holidays so I have just worked every single day! I loved the 3 day break! (P.S cute post title right?? Hehe)

I was given the cat for the week (see previous posts) and the evil cat is in fact not that evil. She let me pet her on her back and tum (I was told only on her head) and she just purred away. So after getting used to having a dark figure dart through the dining room at of the corner of my eye, I started to like having the cat around. By the end of the weekend she was sitting on my lap while I read. Something I forgot about cats… they make you feel flabby. They nestle in and start purring, then decide that they want to stand up and start kneading your stomach. Really?? Why?? Why is this a requirement. Not only does it feel weird, they are literally kneading any excess flab like it is dough. Then once it was sufficiently pummeled, they spin around, lay down, start purring and then look at you with the “why aren’t you petting me” face. MmmHmmm…. Love you too cat.

I did lose the cat last night. Lose as they took the cat back to the other house when they came home, not lose as I let it out into the wild. Last night was hard… the last few nights I have attributed every noise to the cat. No one can walk quietly in that house, and the cat is no exception. So anything little noise I just told myself was the cat. Well now she is gone so every little noise is now something very scary. I do still have the dogs, but they are shut in the entryway so they cant make every little creak. Argh!

Sticking to the animal topic… I still have the two dogs. I love have them. We are already bffs and they get all pumped to see me when I get home. I usually have to rescue Fluffy from the tree branch that is stuck in her fluff (I call her Fluff btw.. ) Sat night I decided that they needed an adventure. I need to take one on a walk. I was told that if I was smart I would not both at once because it’s a disaster. I grab one leash, go outside and get Annabeth and head to the gate with her. I turn around and there is Fluff sitting on the porch looking at us with the most dejected look that I think she could muster. I now understand the meaning of puppy eyes. Oh my goodness… I couldn’t just leave her. So…. I took both on a walk. Yup.. stupid. Not only did they not want to go the same way, but they didn’t want to walk the same speed or sniff the same things. And of course they cant walk on the same side for more than 15 seconds at a time. I kept having to switch the leashes from hand to hand. During the switch there was always one who was trying really hard to make the great escape and catch a deer. Not sure Im doing that again…

Everyone probably has those moments in life… the moments that suddenly something that your parents have been saying to you since you were little and never understood finally makes sense. (I cant believe I am admitting this… Just know that my parents will call after reading this and say “I told you”) I took piano for years growing up. I took that dreaded drive out Wellman road all because I promised my parents that if I could take piano I would never ask for anything else (that is also how I got a cat by the way… gullible parents!). So for $5 a week I visited the nicest lady ever and played for half an hour while the nicest man ever read the paper in the next room. I started not wanting to practice and not wanting to go. The parents said (and I quote) “Anna. You are going to keep doing this so some day you can sit down at the piano and just enjoying playing”. MmmHmmm… sure parents. They will be happy to know that they were 100% right. Sunday night I took out my cousins stuff and sat down to play. So kudos parents. Thanks for forking out the $5 every week.

It rained all weekend and I loved it. It was a stead little rain, it was a downpour (most of the time). Me being as crazy as I am, sprinted outside the first time it poured. I literally jogged through the house and ran through the yard like a crazy person. One dog thought I was cool and joined me, the other thought we should both be committed. It was so much fun. The last time water fell on me it was frozen, the temp was approximately -17, my skin hurt, my nose hairs frozen, my lungs burning, and my skin didn’t feel it hit me under 4 layers of thick fabric. So… I got a little crazy and ran around in the rain with one of the two dogs and got soaking wet. So. Much. Fun.

Yesterday had a rough start… the day after a break usually does, but I planned for it and still failed. First I rose from bed the minute my alarm went off at 6am (usually Im up at 625) Secondly… I knew what I was going to wear (that never happens) and my bag was packed minus my lunch. How did I end up leaving 15 mins late then you wonder? Two words… Muddy. Dogs. Yup my furry friends turned against me. I let them out, made my lunch, realized I forgot to put out their food and water so I opened the door and BAM. Two muddy dogs (it rained all weekend) came tearing into the house. Usually they don’t even try to get in, but the cat was in the kitchen. Awesome. So after some yelling (they actually listened really well. I said out twice and they were back outside) I got to clean the entry/kitchen floor. Then I realized it was garbage day and had to do up all of that. Forgetting about that on Monday helped me though! Fluff usually jumps up on me and I was in a pale blue dress. Muddy paws and a pastel color=trouble. So I used the garbage bags as a shield. Very usual. In my rush I forgot breakfast so I got to eat Cadbury eggs. I guess at least they are eggs right?? :) The rest of the day went really well! Just had to get through the first 2.5 hours.

More about this blue dress… I love it. I think I’m way overdressed to go to work in it but I don’t even care. Calvin knew what he was doing when designing this dress (actually is Calvin Klein even alive?? Not sure he is… anyways) The sole reason I bought it (well I like the color so that’s a slight exaggeration) was its spin quality. Yes I am still a 5 year old girl because when I put it on I started spinning and it flowed out. That sells dresses every single time. Who doesn’t like them??  So I get too dressed up to work just so I can spin.

I have this morning ritual that I would like to cease performing. Every morning without fail my alarm goes off and I smash it. Yes smash. I do not tap, push, or hit the snooze button. I smash it. I do that for 20-25 minutes and as Im laying there trying to keep my eyes open and convince myself that I really should get up to be on time for work I say “I really need to go to bed early tonight”. Then I promise myself that I will. Does it ever happen?? No. And every night as Im setting my alarm I say “Im going to get up early tomorrow so I can take my time, or treat myself to Starbucks”. You guessed it… that does not happen either (yesterday being the exception) So perhaps, just maybe, tonight I will go to bed at 10 like I am supposed to.

Ok its official. I thought it may happen…. Im becoming depressed that I am using my art history degree from 2 reputable institutions to yell at people for not filling out their timesheets correctly. Im trying not to think about it, but this week it has been harder not to. Also I am realizing how much Im forgetting. I saw a Rueben’s in a book and I knew that I should know who it was… but I had to read the caption. FOR A RUEBENS. For an art historian, his paintings are obvious especially if there is a nude woman in it (long story) Oh and I realized that when Im done getting everyone to fix their timesheets there is ANOTHER PAY PERIOD. Gah.


No comments:

Post a Comment