Friday, July 18, 2014

Discoveries and a Challenge


“One of the advantages of being disorganized is that one is always having surprising discoveries.” ― A.A. Milne

That is my new quote of the day section. I haven’t been putting pictures up like I did in my London and Rome blog so Im doing quotes for a bit instead. I thought that was appropriate for me right now. I haven’t been organized for awhile and have definitely had surprises. But hey…. Honestly who doesn’t love surprises?

Today was BLAH. That basically sums it up. The night was really relaxing though. I being lazy and Im not ashamed of it at all. A girl can have one night off a month right?

I was driving home today and it hit me… when I was in Rome and London the best way to learn about the city was getting lost. Here I was too scared to get lost because the traffic sucks and I didn’t want to get stuck in the wrong lane and end up in Mexico. (that is an extreme exaggeration but you get my point) So today on the way home I got off of 281 two exits early (crazy I know) BUT I found goldmines. Who knew that Starbucks, HEB (grocery store), Michaels, Chuys (a restaurant), and a liquor store (I need to check it out. Maybe they have NYS wine?!!) were all on the way home. Who. Knew? I love finding new stuff.

I forgot to mention something in my blog yesterday under the burning myself category.  I wrote awhile ago that I spilled water all over my desk and thankfully Crystal saved the day with her stash of napkins. Well Monday she wasn’t here and I moved up in the spilling things world… I spilled hot tea all over my desk and my dress. Oh it was fun. Hot green tea dripped onto my lap, seeped under my laptop, and moistened my Lego Big Ben. The hardest part about working in a cube farm, is that you cant make all of the reaction you would. I would have liked to pushed back in my chair, stood up, and yelled. Instead I got to say “shoot” in a whisper, sneak to the bathroom to get paper towels, and inconspicuously soak up my tea. One of these days Im going to do something and react how I will like to without thinking. I just know it.  

I updated my money spreadsheet yesterday. Talk about depressing. Student loans are rough. I am challenging myself… Im not buying an article of clothing until 9/15. Two month=no clothes. The only exception is ONE pair of athletic shorts because I cant get through a week of working out without running out. So one cheap pair of shorts and that it is. Im bribing myself with a book I want off of amazon. If I make it Im buying a $20 book. Better then spending more than that on clothes that I do not need.

I am tired of not having all of my belongings. I am always wanting something that is in NY. You know how all I want to do is watch the Great Gatsby? Well I don’t have it. Same with Les Mis. I wanted to wear a shirt that was home too. At HWS I was always missing something, then Rome (I was living out of a suitcase for 3 months. Granted it was a large suitcase), then London (living out of 2 suitcases) and now San Antonio (living out of a carload… but Lucy is a small car). I want to go home just to get things (And eat Johnnys!!!)

I miss everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment