Friday, July 11, 2014

The Morning Gods are Against Me


 

This morning was rough. Not the normal “I cant get up” rough, but a weird rough. I didn’t sleep last night. Shocker. It took forever to fall asleep and I kept waking up.  It didn’t help that every time I woke up I felt my softball wound stick to the sheets. Ewww. The dogs started barking at 5am… argh. I had a crazy dream about being in a cave and shooting wolves. Yeah. Shooting wolves. Not weird at all. Anyways so when my alarm went off I was just as tired as when I went to bed the night before. (ok FINE I admit.. I didn’t get up in time) I went to let the dogs out and they were CRAZY. They jumped all over and SPRINTED out the door as soon as I opened it. I hope that they had just seen a raccoon or something on the porch last night. That is what Im going with.

I walk in the bathroom and look in the mirror.. I have chocolate ALL over my face. All over. What is going on?? Then I remember I ate a piece of cake after I brushed my teeth last night (gross I know but I was hungry and lazy) So I wash my face, continue to get ready and go over to make my bed… there is chocolate EVERYWHERE. Not on my pillow where my chocolate covered face was, but at shoulder height. I look down, chocolate on my pjs. Wow. Seriously?

After I am chocolate free, dressed and ready to go I head out to the kitchen and write a note to the family saying that they can have a piece of cake. (I don’t need to get the entire thing) I wrote my note and my pen exploded. ALL over my hands. They are now (a very pleasant) blue. Both hands. Ok… I take the recycling down to the street and I kept feeling water hit my feet. Weird, but I couldn’t figure it out. I get to work and pull out my landyard… its SOAKED. The entire thing is wet. I LOVE putting soggy things around my neck. Especially when I don’t know what it making it wet. Such a Joy. I look in my bag on the back half (behind my planner) is soaking wet. No idea what from. I walk into work with a cold, clammy neck and my feet are hurting (so is the rest of my body by the way. Softball and walking has killed it) I look down only to discover that my flats are COVERED in stickers. It took me a solid 3 minutes to realize that I must have gotten then when I rolled out the recycling container (it lives in a patch of tall grass right inside the gate) Argh. I haven’t even dealt with them yet. I threw my heels on when I got to my desk and shoved the vicious things in the back corner of my desk.

Lasts night was fun! I went over to the family’s house and I beat my aunt and uncle home so I got to hang with my cousin for a bit. Then we were allowed to build Legos until dinner (I just re-read that and I sound like Im 5) We are building the Cinema set… omg so cool. I want the Parisan café SO badly!!!! Its all cute and French with little croissants. (Delee maybe you could buy it for your classroom and Ill assemble for you??) We then got distracted from building by surfing the Lego site and we wanted everything. They have some awesome sets (Tower Bridge, The Parisan Café, a Mini Cooper, and the Fairgrounds) I want all of those. The cinema is really cute though. And the Town Hall looks cool… I just need the entire city!

We hung out until dinner where I managed to fling my chicken across my plate, down my shirt and onto my shorts. I had a nice smear of BBQ down my front. Classy. Then it was off on our walk. My shoe rubbed my bandaid covered softball wound so it hurt the entire time. I ended up running/walking/running with my cousin. Nothing like a 10 year old to kick your butt into gear! After the run we got to finish the first book on the Lego set. It was fun building it with everyone. Oh and I tried my first grits… I like them!

This weekend will be busy busy. I have two parties at my house. Two. So that will be interesting. I have to clean my room and mow before they happen so tonight and tomorrow morning will be busy as well!

I miss you all! (CHQ Im thinking about you guys!)

1 comment:

  1. (I already posted this once but I'm not sure if u got this, so sorry if this is a repeat comment!). If I ever buy the Parisian café set, you can most definitely assemble it for me!

    ReplyDelete