Saturday, July 26, 2014

New Experiences


AAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!! It has been a crap week at work. Crap. Nothing about it went well or smoothly. That (Unfortunately) is not an exaggeration. A job that should have taken me all day on Wednesday, took me all day Wednesday, all day Thursday AND all day Friday with a little more that I have to finish on Monday. Its tedious and horrible. Blah.

This week has also been a week of adventures and new experiences. (I LOVE adventures!) My first new experience of the week occurred on Wednesday. Im not sure why but nasty, scary, creepy, crawly beings like my bathroom floor. Im not ok with this. The biggest reason that I am against their preference of my bathroom floor is that I ALWAYS discover these nasty visitors in the morning, around 6:30am when I am bleary eyed and disoriented. I was lucky with this visitor. I was close to stepping on him because I didn’t notice him until I was very very close.

I stroll in the bathroom on my relaxing work from home day. I was loving life and minding my own business when I notice a dark shape against the white bathroom rug. What the? I get really close (that was dumb) lean down (again dumb) and freaked out. A scorpion. ARGH! No no no! One thing that the spider taught me… get a solo cup and get it fast. I sprint (as fast as I can when Im all bleary eyed and lethargic) and grabbed a red cup, plopped it over him, and put a package of shower curtain rings on top. This is how he stayed until 7pm-ish. Not touching that. Eventually curiosity got the better of my and I lifted the cup up to see how my buddy was doing….

I didn’t know that scorpions are FAST. OMG! He DARTED to and fro. I absolutely freak out and leap on the step stool by the shower and scream. I didn’t dare get close to him with that tail and pinchers. Argh. But then he started making a dash for under my wardrobe where all of my shoes are. I heard that they like to live in shoes so I scream “Oh HELLLLL no” (excuse my French) and slam the cup over his head, and put the package of shower curtain rings back on top. I exhale in relief and look up… the cat is sitting on the bed with a look of complete disbelief on her face….. like that was the craziest, most pathetic showdown that she had ever seen. She was probably right.

I would like to say that I bucked up, got a piece of paper and transported it outside. Alas no. Instead I ripped the cup back off, stomped on it in victory, scooped it up and threw it and the cup away. (Ok ok… that is a complete lie) Jared came on Saturday and squished it (while I was a comfortable distance away), threw it in the cup and threw everything in the trash for me. Im grateful I have connections to scorpion killers.

My other adventure was my first ever oil change. Dad always changed my oil at home so I haven’t ever had to bring my car anywhere. Now that I think about it… I haven’t ever had to bring my car to a garage for any reason. Dad always did it for me. So I was off to Walmart for an oil change. I find the auto cetnre just fine, walk in and go up to the desk. The cashier girl was really nice but the guy was a bit of a sexist. He acted like I knew nothing. I tell him that my car needed an oil change and the conversation went something like this:

Mechanic: Ok… Well what is the make and model of car. Do you know it?

Me: Do I know it? Yes…. It is a Toyota Yaris

Mechanic: OK are you sure?

Me: Yeah… pretty sure

Mechanic: ok… The standard oil change comes with up to 5 quarts of oil. Do you think you will need more than that?

Me: Ummm no. it’s going to take like 3

Mechanic: Mmhmm well I guess we can charge you for the additional oil when you pick the car up.

Me: Its going to need like 3 quarts… not 5

Mechanic: yeah… well you are all set and we will call you when its ready.

Attitude!! I looked up the oil when I got home… Lucy needed 3.5. BAM. I rocked it. Walmart was really fast though. It took them like 20 minutes and bam they called my cell. It was speedy and really easy!

Tomorrow I have ANOTHER adventure… Im off to Austin for the day to watch my cousin swim. It should be a good day! Im driving up myself so hopefully I don’t get lost! I should be fine though. If I can handle Europe, I can handle driving an hour up an hour.

It is starting to get warmer here. Everytime I get into the car I think of Laurie saying “Texas??? Anna… its hot as hell there!” Well she is right. Its getting to be HOT. I think the air conditioning makes it even worse. I FREEZE indoors and walk outside and get hit with a HEAT wave. Its horrible. I shiver all day at work. People bring in blankets. WHY IS IT SO COLD??

Ok its 10:30pm and Im getting sleepy. I have more to say but Ill write tomorrow or Monday and fill you all in more. I miss you all and Congrats to my CHQ friends for making it over hump day. More than halfway done!

No comments:

Post a Comment