Friday, July 11, 2014

Tired therefore Overwhelmed


I don’t feel like I have anything blog worthy to say, but I haven’t written in awhile and soon the hate mail will start coming in (ahem sister...) so here I am writing a post that can put everyone asleep.

It has kinda been another rough week. Mentally AND physically this time though. I have walked Monday, Tuesday with my aunt, and played softball (more on that to follow) last night so I am tired. I go to walk right after work (she feeds me... best deal ever) but that also means I am gone from 7am-8:30pm. I come home, shower and crash into bed. I haven’t gotten anything done. My to-do list grows longer everyday. I owe people messages, emails and phone calls. I am sorry if you are one of them… Im trying. Really. Oh and this weekend I wont have time to catch up on life because I have two parties at my house this weekend. (nope not for me.) When Im tired things seem overwhelming…

Why else was this week rough??... Oh none of my electronics are working. My computer is shot. I knew that coming home from London (two years ago), my cell is 5 hours ahead time wise (not all the time.. just randomly) my car (not an electronic I know…) needs to be registered, have new plates, is filthy (means I have to go through a car wash), AND needs an oil change. Seriously? Oh and I need a Texas license. Those aren’t free. GAH! I thought I could start saving money with my big girl job! Argh. Did I mention Im tired??? (therefore overwhelmed)

I officially had to give up my soccer team. I knew it was going to happen, but I was in complete denial. Sigh. It was hard. And still is. They are in good hands though.

Speaking of soccer… I have been getting a LOT of push back from losing respect for Germany. I didn’t think it was that controversial of a statement!!! Honestly having class should always happen, no matter what the level of play. And it’s the world cup… yes I get that, but that almost made it worse. Jared claims that Brazil quitting is worse that Germany continuing to shoot. We are agreeing to disagree. Dear Germany… you have been to the semi-finals many times. Act like it. They went a little far in their humiliation.

Oh I did get going on the children immigrant issue this week too.. but if I add that to this blog post it will be too much debate for one measley entry. So perhaps another time.

I need some down time. Still haven’t watched the Great Gatsby. Or Les Mis. Or eaten a Pizza Hut Buffalo Chicken Wing Pizza… which TEXAS DOESN’T HAVE. (if I am repeating myself, I apologize) The pizza huts down here are breaking my heart.

The house… is the reason I am so tired. (not 100% as I mentioned above that I run every second of the day) Im sleeping better… as of last night. But I was also so exhausted that Im not sure it counts. Im trying to get used to it again. Trying.

I FORGOT! Yesterday was my first day of WFH (work from home). It was weird. I LOVED getting out of bed, throwing on a tee, work out capris and didn’t brush my hair. Or put on makeup. It was glorious. I even made oatmeal for breakfast.  Extra glorious. It was weird though to be all alone in the kitchen working. I still had lync so I could chat with people, but I could turn around and chat. Very weird.. I did a lot of work so I was working, but it didn’t feel like I was working.  I got to make mac and cheese for lunch, and a cake on my lunch break. Oh and I filled the pool. I got stuff done on my break. It was awesome. And I gained an extra half hour after work because I was home at 4 instead of having to drive. So nice.

After my day working at home I headed out to our PCS Happy Hour. (ok I cant get used to that. It looks like Panama Central School is having a happy hour.) Here is where the day kinda goes wrong… I had a softball game after happy hour. Yeah… I haven’t played well at ALL. Palmer would be embarrassed by me and I wouldn’t make her team on a good night. The Sangria didn’t help my cause. I didn’t do anything horrible really… except right at the end when we are losing 23-10 (yup we pulled a Brazil) and I try to turn a full-fledged swing bunt (I swung and I basically bunted it) into a home run. Yeah.. I was golden for awhile. They over threw first and that means Im on third, but I decided to milk it and get home. I think I was safe because the guy was expecting me to slide, ( was expecting to slide either. Instinct just took hold) but the ump called me out. We were down by too much to fight him. So I have a scrape on my shin… a good one. And the top of my ankle is oozing liquids. Putting in the clutch rips it open every time. Argh.I am still missing Palmer at my softball games. After I do something stupid I try to think of what she would tell me becasue its way better than what my teammates tell me.

I miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment