Thursday, June 5, 2014

Bruised knees, Bruised Ego and a Fond Trip down Memory Lane


This morning was spider free. Thank goodness. I could not have handled that this morning! I smashed my alarm forever, not really because I couldn’t keep my eyes open (that was the reason at the beginning) but because I couldn’t move. Oh my goodness I am sore today. Sore and every single movement is an effort. I didn’t know that an hour and a half of softball could kill me. (more on my injuries in a bit!)
Last night was fun… intense for an intramural but fun. I was in left center field (there are 4 outfielders… I feel like Im back in the Busti league with a Rover) and I am not used to the batters destroying the ball like they did last night. It makes sense… guys playing slow pitch softball, but I didn’t realize it until I was out to the fence playing outfield. Our pitcher was no Larson so every other hit was out to us! I didn’t play well… at all. I grounded out twice (I informed the ump that the tie goes to the runner the first time because I most def tied) and had a single. It was the fielding that P-Dogg would have been disappointed in….
First error… completely misjudged. Completely. The ball went up and I thought it was right to me, it got lost in the lights, and bam it was over my head. But it was 20 yds over my head so Im not really sure that I could have done anything about it even if I would have moved right away. The second error was worse. Embarrassing. I was out to the fence and I could tell it was going to drop in so I book it forwards, take a dive, catch it and IT FALL OUT OF MY GLOVE. Oh my goodness no…. So Im sprawled on the ground watching the yellow sphere slowly roll away from me. Crap.
We get out of the inning and as Im jogging in I automatically think “crap I have to go to the back end of the dugout to avoid P-Dogg”. Then I started chuckling because obviously I didn’t have to worry about it. But then while everyone is being nice and saying “no worries it was a hard catch” and “eh no big deal you tried” I started to miss getting told the TRUTH. I missed the dreaded jog in where you get met by PDogg in a blue "P" visor and creepy sunglasses (you could never see her eyes) and as she threw up her hands she would say… “What was that? That was a routine catch Rusch. Maybe if you weren’t so nonchalant out there and weren’t out in the Gobi desert you would have caught it!” Haha I miss that. My team probably thinks Im crazy because I just sat on the bench chuckling. (Just so everyone knows PDogg actually told me I was in the Gobi desert once. I remember because I had to go home and google it to see where it was.) Good memories :)
My injuries are minor. Two bruised knees (from the failed dive), one scrapped leg from a ground ball stop, and for some reason my hand hurts so much from batting. The first finger knuckle/palm is really painful and I don’t know why. There is a twinge every time I move my finger (which makes typing fun). It is all fat and weird. Im not sure what I did. Oh and every muscle in my body is screaming. My quads were still tight from Saturday so that first run down the baseline was comical. I need to get back in shape!
Nothing else is really new. Oh I did choke on my antibiotic pill at work yesterday afternoon. Legit choking. I was attempting to be quiet about it. Our cube farm is silent (most of the time) so opening food and choking on pills are disrupting but in the attempt to be all hush hush, I think I was louder. I tried to play it cool… I like to think I succeeded, but not so sure that I did!
I took pictures of my cube forever ago… and now it was so long ago that its missing half of the stuff that is in it now so it looks bleak and depressing. Ill take a new one tomorrow when no one is in my row and is wondering what the heck Im doing!

I miss you all! (well idk about my sister who enjoys my misery a little bit to much!)

No comments:

Post a Comment