Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Monday was Ridiculous and Tuesday Wasnt that Fun Either


Yesterday was ridiculous. Seriously. Nothing went right. Including the blog. My laptop has decided to cease performing its duties and just puts up the blue screen of death so I couldn’t write my blog last night. (not that I had a ton of time to do it anyways. But still. It was the straw on the camel’s back after the rest of the day)

It all started with pulling into Starbucks… It was then that I noticed that I didn’t have a wallet. Ok cool. But as I was digging to verify that I didn’t have the wallet I realized that I was also missing my water bottle, and my ipod. Score. This is going well. I did get to purchase coffee thanks to technology… I have the starbucks app so I just scanned my phone. Pretty awesome.

Work on Monday just plain old sucked. Just one of those days that the tasks are torture, one is in a stink pot of a mood, and the tasks are torture (I don’t know if I made it clear, but the tasks were torture) It didn’t help that in the afternoon (since I had forgotten my water bottle I had to use my cool world cup cup that Crystal had given me, but it didn’t have a lid) I dumped my full glass of water all over my desk. It really wasn’t that big of a deal, but it was just one more thing…. So I was grumpy. After work I knew I had to go grocery shopping so I could eat lunch on Tuesday… would have helped to have a wallet. So no grocery shopping after work for me. ARGH

So I just headed home, threw a burger down my throat, and went on my walk with the aunt. It was good! Not as hard as last time, except for right at the end. I love it because when we are done (its about an hour walk) we sit in the pool area for 30 mins to wait for swim practice to be over. The sweat literally pours out of my pores. Its gross, but also makes me feel like I worked out at the same time!

 As soon as I got home I grabbed my wallet and headed to HEB to grab some food for lunch. This redhead in Texas finally made a purchase that she should have made a month or two ago. I bought sunscreen. Not any old sunscreen…. I bought cool spray on (didnt know that was a thing), water proof (not resistant. BIG difference)  and wait for it…. Keep waiting…. Its 85 SPF. I was not aware that 85 existed. But I decided since I walk outside and burst into flames that I should get it. Bring it summer. Bring it.

It is now Wednesday… I have been writing this post over the last few days because I cant seem to find more than 4 minutes of free time at a time.  The cat hung out with me last night before bed. We are friends. Everyone is amazed it lets me pet her, but its really not that hard… you just have to be NICE to it. The poor thing gets tortured. She curled up with me and laid right on my laptop. I forgot how frustrating cats are in that regard. But she put her little head on my arm and draped her paw on my hand. I miss Fi-Fi. I want a kitten….

I woke up this morning in the same position that I remember falling asleep in and I couldn’t move. I was only half of wake so I slightly panicked, then I realized I really wasn’t paralyzed but was in fact perfectly fine. My limbs feel like lead today. Argh flag football kills me.

It was POURING on the way into work today. The kind of rain that everything is grey and you cant see in front of you. All you can see are the red running lights on the back of cars. Well…. NO ONE in the state turns their lights on in the rain?? What?? I looked it up today and “It’s not a state law in Texas, but local law enforcement suggests having headlights on when driving in the rain.” Suggests?? Really?? New York State is so much smarter than Texas. You can talk on your cell and drive down here too.  No texting thank goodness! But it is hard to see cars in the rain when they don’t have their lights on. Just pointing that out.

 This week has been rough so far. Argh. Busy Busy. Monday night was crazy, last night was football until 10:30 so I didn’t get to bed until 11:30, tonight is softball, tomorrow is a meeting/happy hour, and Friday cant come soon enough. Honestly all I want to do is sit and watch the Great Gatsby, then Les Mis, and eat an ENTIRE Buffalo Chicken Pizza from Pizza Hut while in my pjs and my hair on top of my head. I cant tell you how much I am craving that pizza. Its weird. Also its weird that I really want to watch the Great Gatsby. Oh and after I down the entire pizza, I would like a pint of Haagen-Dazs Tiramisu Gelato. I bought the tiny one for a dollar at HEB on Monday. It’s the closest I have been to Italy in a LONG time. It’s a little too sweet, but it is very good. Very gelato like.   

In a previous post, I mentioned that Crystal bought me a Texas flag (because they are EVERYWHERE) and I put it in a 7-Up bottle on my desk to be a “texan”. Well my parents read this thing apparently (shocker) and I received in the mail on Saturday… a New York State flag. Well played parents.. well played! Haha. According to mom it was tricky to find one (which helps to make my point!) But now I have a Texas flag and a NYS flag in my cube. (side note that I just thought of. No one says “texas state”. Do we say New York State because we have the city also? Idk maybe I am crazy) Dad wants me to tape up my flag so it waves over the sea of cubes… Not so sure I am that bold yet. :)

Ok now its Wednesday night.. I really cant seem to finish this post! I came home from work (late) and watched tv and decided I needed to walk or something. So I went on the treadmill for 30 mins (and 300 calories burned!) BUT I was really dumb. I was finally home alone and I haven’t had one of my signature dance parties in ages. So Im an idiot and started on WHILE I was walking on the treadmill. Lets just say Im extremely lucky to be alive… and so is my ipod. I dropped it while trying to save myself from flying off the treadmill (I was pulling a dance move) and my pod went FLYING off the treadmill and ripped my headphone out of my ears. Never again am I going to attempt a dance party on a treadmill. Lesson learned.

Im so tired and tomorrow is a LONG day. Ill try to write a post again soon. I miss you all.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, sorry your treadmill story is super funny. I can imagine that happening :) glad that you are okay though!

    Glad to hear about the gelato. I had wanted to try it but wasn't sure if it would be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flag thing is interesting! I would have a hard time finding a VA flag too. And you bring up a good point about New York State. I never had thought about that.must be because there is a city too.

    Sorry that I posted twice but I deleted a misspelled word and went to type and it wouldn't let me type anymore :/.

    ReplyDelete