Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Catching Up


The past weekend was busy. So busy. It was a lot of fun, just no time to chill really. Saturday morning I was up at the same time that I get up for work. On a Saturday. Gah. We were going to Kirsten’s swim meet and warmups were at 7 (didn’t have to be there for that) and it started at 8am. On a Saturday. Coffee was a necessity.  Not a want. A need. She swam well and destroyed the competition so it was fun to watch. Oh and in this summer rec swim thing… they start at 6 or something like that so these tiny little kids were swimming a length of the pool. Oh my goodness… adorable. They were tiny in their little cap and googles.

After the swim meet Jared and I went to the Matisse exhibit at the San Antonio Museum of Art. It was good. I have to remember that I have been terribly spoiled and every museum is not the Borghese, Louvre, or Met.  For a museum of its size, it was well done and had 4-5 rooms of his work. He isn’t my absolute favorite, but it was good to see some art. We checked out the rest of the museum after which has some good pieces. They have a Joshua Reynolds in their “european” collection (which I think consists of 4-5 paintings!) But a Joshua Reynolds was pretty impressive. It made me miss art. A lot.

The family had friends over for dinner so we hung out with them ate, and watched 3 ten year olds in the pool for a few hours. It was a busy non-stop day. I feel asleep in my clothes at 9:30 on top of my bed, and woke up the next morning.

Sunday I had to get up earlier that I did on Saturday because I was tagging along with the family to go to the swim meet. Warm ups were at 730 but it was a further drive so we had to leave at 7. Phew I was tired. The swim meet was a short one (it went til 1030 or so) so I was home for lunch, a shower, quick laundry (had to wash my USA jersey), took a nap and went to watch the USA game. It was another busy day! I came home right in time to go to bed and get up for work on Monday. Phew!

The game went something like this…. Me pacing and eating ice… me freaking out and jumping around… me sitting with my head in my hands groaning. What a heartbreaking game. Yes they are still in and should move on, but come on. WE WERE ADVANCING and blew it. The entire time that I am pacing and freaking out, Jared is SHOPPING online and not paying any attention to the game. Everytime I said “did you see that?!” he said “No.. I wasn’t looking” REALLY??? So I was dying alone.  All my other teams are out. England… Italy… have both broken my heart. USA is my last time standing which I NEVER saw coming. 2 weeks ago I would have said Italy would be my last team standing! Im shocked!

That was my weekend! Phew! I need a vacation!

I miss you all!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment