Friday, June 20, 2014

Randomness

“Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I’m very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.” -Bill Shankly, Liverpool manager
 
Ahhh the World Cup. The best month of sport that only occurs once every 4 years.  It is a beautiful thing and it always breaks my heart. England lost today. They are probably out now, even if Uruguay loses to Italy (they should) and England beats Costa Rica. So disappointing. Now I have to hope for the miracle of miracles… that the USA makes a decent run.  I wish this country was cooler and showed soccer on tv more often then once every 4 years.
 
Softball last night went much better. My team was chill and sane, I didn’t make an error (almost did but got saved by my outfield bud) and I am starting to hit better. Not good by any means, but better. I cant judge the ball to save my life out in the outfield. I ran in to catch a ball that soared over my head (by outfield bud caught it). It honestly looked like I have never played softball before in my life. Also the batting glove that I wear under my glove that I have had since the first day of varsity practice in March of 8th grade ripped last night. Sigh. Its just a glove, but that thing has seen a lot of great moments (and 4-5 heartbreaking ones. 2 that I haven’t exactly gotten over 7-8 years later but that is neither here nor there).
 
My weeks seem to have themes lately. I am very happy to be over the ones that have been dedicated to various aliments! This week I have had a SERIOUS case of itchy feet. Not literally itchy feet thankfully. Every morning while I am taking the flyover from 281 to 410 I watch the planes take off from the airport (yeah I know… not the safest thing to do while going 65 miles per hour) I have spent many a free minute looking up flights to anywhere. Literally. I don’t know what has gotten into me!
 
You all know that the last two weeks or so haven’t been my best. Well today someone asked me a question that got me thinking. They asked me "well... where did you see yourself in 5 years, 5 years ago". Whoa... I have no idea. I was 20, living in a dorm with seriously the best roommate ever, enjoying hanging with friends, learning all I could at a liberal arts school, recovering from the most rewarding experiences of my life while discovering I was to embark on another one junior year. I dont think I had a 5 year plan then. I had some goals that when I think about, I havent reached any, but also have accomplished things that I hadnt seen coming. (that is what life is after all... isnt it?) It was depressing and strangely reassuring all at the same time.
 
Well it has been 2 months plus some days and it has officially begun… I am starting to miss things. Did not think that would happen. Here is a short list:
 
1. Cooper- hands down I miss him the most. Best listener ever. Never judges, never talks back
2. This is weird.. but the lake. I don’t know why. I want to go to the lake so badly.
3. Campfires (also weird. I am aware)
4. Tim Hortans- Oh my goodness do I miss Tim Hortans. All I want is a great cup of coffee for $1.25. Seriously Starbucks work on that. I also want an Ice Capp. Someone mail me one!
5. A legit sub. It could be Wegmans or the General. Either would suffice.
6. Back country roads that you can drive down in bare feet with the windows open and the music blaring. You can drive miles without seen another car
7. Walking in grass in barefeet. Real grass.
8. CHQ...Hahah Im just kidding. Although I do miss Laurie and Scott's witty banter. (I also miss couponing with Sam, chatting with Peter, and calling Ken when everything was crashing!)
9. NY Drivers. San Antonio ones are horrible

I wrote that all last night.. and now its Friday, Im at work in an empty office and all I want to do is watch the Italy v Costa Rica game. Englands hopes for advancing lies with Italy. And Costa Rice just scored... Im off to bite my nails and read the live blog (since I cant watch at work)

I miss you all




 

No comments:

Post a Comment