Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A Random Bunch of Tidbits

I am happy to report that I got out of bed and landed on my two feet this morning and not my face! Woohoo! Off to a great start! (minus getting out of bed late. I think it because of the fear of leaping of the cliff)

I got to work (and back) without my gps this morning!!! Woo! I had no choice... but I want to give myself credit anyways! I forgot my gps had died (remember yestedays post?) and it wouldnt even turn on until I had gotten off the highway and was on my last road to work. Then it sat and didnt charge for 8 hours while I was at work... and it wouldnt turn on again! So I rocked my commute today. It helps that I can turn on my ipod now when I drive down here. When Im bored sitting in traffic I crank up "let it go" (not the one from Frozen. Well it is the song, but not that annoying voice. It is Demi Lovato singing it) and in my head I sound like her when I belt it out! :) Oh Luke Bryan's song Play it Again is good, along with Carolina (Parmalee). I rock out to those too!

My day at work... Tedious and boring but I was busy the entire time... if that makes sense! We have ync at work (i think I have mentioned it before) and it distracts me. I cant chat and work. Its either I work, or I chat. Not both! Well one of my fellow new peoples pinged me (messaged me) and we were talking about Captain America. Somehow we were debating who would win a fight. The Hulk or Superman. Apparently my life is more like the Big Bang Theory than I care to admit! My money is on Superman. Oh and we debated who is cooler... Batman (eww) or Superman, discussed how no one really likes Spiderman, and how lame AquaMan is. It passed the time!

Also there was a training session I had to do... it was all about how everyone needs to focus strengths and not their weaknesses at work. Ummm..... this entire job is a weakness for me! So that was so encouraging!

The absolute worst thing about work is.... wait for it... I have to TUCK IN MY SHIRT. Are you kidding me??? I HATE it. No I ABHOR it. I feel so constrained and its so unflattering! Everyday as Im walking out the door I rip my shirt out of pants. The only thing is I do this when I exit the first set of doors, not when I get to the second and final set so the security guard sees me do this everyday. I always remember that I should wait a few more seconds AFTER I rip it out and then notice that he is chuckling. Sometimes I wish I had more class....

So since I work at the federal branch of the company we have to badge in and out of every room. The bathroom has a handicapped button on the wall on the side of the door. It is the same size as the little panel that we have to badge in on. Well I attempt to badge in on the handicap button and wait for it to beep to let me in. I usually catch on after my first to the bathroom, but its awkward if someone sees you do it! (Which always seem to happen to me!)

On a random note... we need to use "Cordially" more in everyday life. I received an email that ended with cordially and it rocks. Im going to bring it back in style. Oh and I am already sick of "yall" and I am NOT a ma'am. Argh.

Ok off to do dishes and other lame adult real life things so I can treat myself to an ice cream bar when I have done everything on my list! :)

Miss you all! (Especially my Wed. crew at CHQ. I thought of snacks today on my way to work and miss them. And the witty company!!)

1 comment:

  1. Haha. You crack me up. I love it. You really should start writing for a partial living :) as for tucking in the shirt....ewwwwwwww, how horrible!! Good luck with the yall and ma'am. I will NEVER use y'all I hate it. It really annoys me when my kids say it. I still correct them, it is you all. I do hate the ma'am thing as well. I really loathed it when we moved here. That one will grow on you. I don't mind it that much anymore. I would still never make someone say it but in the south it is a sign of respect not you are old. Lol!! Keep me laughing <3

    ReplyDelete