Monday, April 14, 2014

My 1st Week

When I first decided to start this blog I wasnt really thinking.... in London I wrote whatever I wanted to. Literally. No filter. Here I cant do that. I am working for a respectable company and cant bash it like I did Christie's (NOT that I want to! I love the company already!) So Im not sure what this blog will be about. It may be even more boring than I thought it will. Just a warning that I cant go into much detail about work.

My first week at work went much better than new things normally go for me! It was chill and pretty non-stressful. Orientation started at 8am the first day. I found work alright (after getting off the highway one exit too soon and ending up "in the ghetto". Thank goodness for gps systems) and walked into the building. I filled out forms and got my picture taken. I am the not so proud owner of the worst work badge picture in the history of work badges. I should have asked if I was allowed to smile. That was one thing that in hindsight may have helped. After being given the hideous snapshot of my face, we all went into a room and sat at our nametags. We sat in there for the next 2 and a 1/2 days. Really not much to tell you guys. We saw presentations, met people and ate free food. That is it. There are 7 of us in my New Joiners group and all of them are from Texas and 5 of them went to UTSA (The University of Texas at San Antonio). And they all love the Spurs and football. I really fit in...

Actually everyone at work is really nice and so willing to help. I am doing so well and being social. We have this thing called Lync that we use to keep in touch in the office (its basically a cool version of AOL IM) and I chat away. I am also already on a flag football team and a softball team. Im rocking being social.

Wednesday we got out work laptops (yup I have a laptop just for work!) and got released to our cubicles. Oh my goodness that was depressing. I have  tiny litte stark white cube in a sea of cubes. Im not kidding when I say a sea of cubes. I desperately need to decorate!

The rest of Wed, Thursday and Friday I did CBTs (computer based training) That is one thing that is uber annoying at work.. everything is an acronym. Everything. I am on the Project Control Services group. I am not ok with that acronym! For all of you that know me... you know how much I LOVED my years learning nothing at Panama Central School. Well it keeps following me everywhere... I see PCS everyday and cant separate Panama Central School from Project Control Services. I cringe everytime.

This weekend was busy, busy, busy! I woke up Saturday and mowed the lawn. Oh my do I need to gain some muscle. Not only couldnt I start the silly thing, it was a PUSH mower and I was out of shape! I have never mowed a lawn with a push mower in my life. I literally had to throw my body at it to make it move. I have bruises on my hips from it and blisters on my poor thumbs. It was such a great workout! Phew!

After I mowed from 9-11am I then cleaned the pool, showered and took a quick nap before my family came at 1 to help me move from the creepy room at the back of the house to the safer feeling room in the middle.That took 4 hours!!! Then my aunt and uncle were really nice and took me to see Captain America 2. Complete with popcorn! :) then I came home at 930 and crashed into bed. Phew!

Sunday I slept in until 9:30 and then was picked up at 10 to go to Costco. I dont have a membership so I have to go with my aunt to get cheap berries! Then I was home alone from 11-3 and I headed out to go to their house in town for a walk and dinner. Oh my goodness I got my bum handed to me on that walk. I knew it was going to be a speed walk, but I wasnt expecting it to be so long. It was probably 4 miles and an hour or so long. I was dead at the end. I had to jog to keep up with my aunt. Kudos to her! She owned me.

After dinner I headed back here to do some stuff around the house and headed to bed early.


Lets do another post for Monday....

No comments:

Post a Comment