Monday, April 14, 2014

Never Been So Bored

Mondays. Thou art a heartless you-know-what. I love when the alarm goes off and you are wide awake, but instead of getting up you still lay there and the next thing you know you should have gotten up 5 minutes ago and now you are late. That was my morning. It didnt help that I was having a "what to wear" day and everything I came up with that was remotely acceptable was sitting in a dirty, stinky heap in my laundry basket. I thought of Laurie today because everyone said how nice I looked at work and it was only because I hadnt done laundry so my dress was the only thing clean.

My commute to work wasnt too great this morning because I left late. The closer to 7 that you leave, the worse the traffic gets. I havent mentioned my commute before this... I hated it the for the first 3 days. Absolutely hated it and swore I wasnt going anywhere in this town except for work because I didnt want to drive. I am fine now. I am comfy driving and even have decided to take the risk and put on my ipod on my drive in and out!!

My day at work was riveting. They really shouldnt give someone with attention problems an id badge on one of those retractable lanyard things.  I think I spent 8 hours pulling it out as far it it could possibly go, and then letting it go to zip back up in the coil. I think the people in my row hate me! I spent 8 hours taking CBT's on excel... and I still dont know what Im doing which is slightly problematic.

After my day at work I decided to be productive and go to the grocery store... Slightly a bad idea. First of all Im in heels. Apparently I am not classy and able to walk through a store in heels. I was stomping through the aisles and clutching my clutch which I was using at a cart. Then I stopped to get two potatoes for the week, You know that moment int sitcoms that the character picks up an orange and the entire pyramid falls to the floor, spilling oranges everywhere??? That was me... but with potatoes. I literally picked up 1 potato and ten start sliding towards me in a landslide. I trying to catch them, but somehow missed every single one. In 3 seconds, 12 potatoes landed on the floor as I look like a spaz trying (but failing) to catch them. So embarrassing. I left HEB plus (which is the size of Ashville btw) with $92 of groceries. I dont know how that happened. Well the National Geographic and the two boxes of ice cream drumsticks did not help. Im set on groceries forever. Seriously.

The rest of my night was busy with chores but it would put you to sleep if I went into detail. I did meet the neighbors while I was putting out the garbage. I didnt see them in the yard and the guy said hello and I jumped a foot and a half. Not kidding. They are such a sweet couple. Im happy that I met them! We chatted for a bit and they said that if I ever needed anything to just stop by. Ill try not to go sprinting down the hill to their house at night when then house creaks! This house is creepy when it is windy. Im not a huge be at home in the dark alone type of girl. London was fine because I could barely turn around in my flat, but this is a lot of house. I have to keep telling myself that Im ok. From 9-bedtime is a bit creepy.

Ok well Im off to shower and finish my laundry! Ill try to keep up with my blog now that I have started and caught up! I miss you all! Especially my CHQ crew! I miss Wednesday treat days!

Missing everyone,
Anna

2 comments:

  1. ANNA!! I love your blog! When you were in London I read from time to time, but this time with the help of Bloglovin' (My favorite blog reading app) I'm keeping up with every post!

    Also, I'm looking to get back into blogging myself so be on the look out for new posts from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Gosh....I have been laughing so hard!

    ReplyDelete