Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Whoa... Real Life

My lower body is terribly sore. When I say sore I mean shooting pain that make me wince. I think its a combo of wearing heels everyday to work for 8.5 hours per day, and getting my bum handed to me on that 4 mile walk. Why am I sharing this info? Its all relevant I promise... I was worried about how my day would go when I got up this morning. My alarm went off, I dragged myself into an upright position and then proceeded to face plant onto the floor... and I mean face plant. My bed is 15 feet off of the floor. When I wake up in the morning I basically start my day by leaping off a cliff to get out of bed. Well this morning I 1. Forgot. and 2. Was in so much pain in the lower half of my body that when my legs were forced to hold up my body weight they... well... didnt!That was the start of my day.

After the jolt awake and laying on the floor for a minute thinking "that did not just happen" I got up, got dressed and got out of the door basically on time! I didnt make coffee this morning. I cant figure out how to get a liquid that doesnt taste like dirt to come out of the coffee maker (you think Im joking.. but it literally tastes like dirt) I got to work in a jiffy and settled down at my cube for 8 hours of training....

At 8am I get an email saying that I need to be on a call at 10am. I hate talking on the phone so I was not at all stoked. I get on the call at 10 and listen while a ton of info get chucked at me. Thankfully after the call by boss calls me to her desk and I get a personal lesson because Miss. Art History doenst understand sharepoint and technical business documents. I was relieved though when I realized that she was giving me a document library to organize. She said instead of art, I was cataloging documents. It was boring, but not so bad at the same time. Work actually flew by today!

My commute home went really well! I was so proud of myself that I got to my last exit, looked down and realized that my gps had died!!! I can get to work and back without the gps!! WOO!!! I was so pumped that I really got adventurous and went to Walmart on my way home... WITHOUT MY GPS!

Walmart.... I hate it. But down here in the area that I am at there arent any horrible people. It is bigger than ours at home though and arranged differently so I got lost. Oh bad story... so I was standing near the socks looking for more nice stockings to wear to work, and I asked myself "I wonder where the beauty section is..." and the old lady next to me gave me directions... apparently I asked the question aloud. (or she can read minds) It took me a full 10 seconds to realize that she was talking to me. Not good. Then I hit 4 people with my stupid laptop. Apparently San Antonio is #1 place in the USA for petty crime and stealing from cars so we HAVE to bring our work laptops into the store with us. Its such a pain. Its heavy, and awkward and hurts my shoulder... so I swing it around and whack people with it. That was embarrassing. THEN (it gets better) I am walking down the main aisle towards the checkout and I remember that I wanted the magneitc plastic 4x6 picture holders for my office cube. I scanned the ceiling for the "home" sign and saw it was all the way down at the end. (figured they would be in with the photo frames like they are at home) I think "is it worth it??" anda guy walking by says "if you arent sure I wouldnt walk that far". OMG!!! Twice in one day! I need to be more aware of how loud I am muttering. Its just embarrassing!

I came home and did all sorts of chores. Blah to real life. I still have an email to write, laundry to fold, and a shower to take!I did get some reading in though tonight!

Off to accomplish more things!

P.S Heard it snowed up there.. sorry! If it makes you feel better I had to throw a zip-up over my sleeveless shirt tonight! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment