Monday, April 14, 2014

The journey from NY -> Texas

Ok.... time to get real about blogging! So sorry that I have been slacking. Ill give you a quick overview on each day then Ill tell some tells of Texas....

So I am sitting here looking out on a sprawling Texan ranch. No lie. (I almost choked on my dinner one night when the cows went by because I wasnt expecting any living beings to be around me... and I was a wee bit jumpy on my 1st nights in this house...) anyways I cant believe it was just over a week ago when Mom and I pulled in here tired, a little loopy and with a bruised bum. I guess I shouldnt speak for mom's bum, but mine felt like it was black and blue!

Friday morning  it all started.... I was eager to go at 6:10am. So eager that I forgot to change my shoes from my bright blue crocs into my slightly more classy Sperrys. I was literally driving by Alex's house at 6:16am when I realized that I was wearing the wrong shoes. The trip was off to a great start...

Friday wasnt too bad. Ohio sucked. Crazy stupid drivers and the state is a flat as a pancake. Nothing to see but pouring down rain. I drove the first 3 hours and then we switched. As soon as mom started driving it was sunny! Everything was boring and hunky dory until we reached Cincinnati. Lucy (in case some of you dont know.. thats my car) blinks when she is running low on class. The last bar on the gauge blinks really fast when she really needs gas.. we were in the middle of Cincinnati and she was blinking uber fast. I was attempting to be chill but I was freaking out. As soon as we got out of the city we pulled over to get gas and switch drivers. It was then that we realized that we were in Kentucky!

Kentucky is where everything got a bit crazy. Mom and I started laughing so hard that we were crying thanks to her thinking that there was a really funny looking cow in a field. Turns out it was a donkey. None of you are probably laughing right now.. but we had been up for awhile and we were pumped full of coffee... at the time it was hilarious. Then mom called dad and he wanted to know what my blog name was. I was ok until I had to explain that I had to put "yeehaw" in the web address because "a redhead in texas" was already taken. Again not that runny now, but I was in tears from laughing.

Not much happened through Kentucky. I dont think I saw a horse at all. Disappointing. But it was beautiful. I had a tenancy to make fun of Kentucky, but I wont anymore! It was green and hilly and pretty! Ill just mock Ohio from now on! :)

Tennessee was pretty blah. Lots of huge Pentecostal churches and billboards that said hell was real. Lets just say I was warning about hell more times through my drive through Tennessee then I have been in 24 11/12th years of my life! Oh I did forget... Tennessee was the first place that I got to get out and enjoy the grass! (check out my current facebook pic) We stopped in Jackson Tennessee for the night. The Holiday Inn Express there is really nice. Just in case any of you needed a hotel there. Walking distance to the Taco Bell, really nice receptionist, and a fitness center! Highly recommend!

Saturday morning we were off at 6am again. Mom is a stickler when it comes to traveling! I dont even remember much of Saturday. Just the pain.The shooting pain that radiated from my bum. Oh and mom being completely unhelpful when I was merging onto a highway in Nashville (or Mepmphis. I dont remember which one. All of the cities ran together). We almost died. Arkansas was pretty boring too.. and looked poor. Little Rock was the size of Erie.. I was so disappointed!

We pulled into Aunt Sandy's driveway and forgot to take a "oh my goodness we made it" picture we were so tired. I was in so much pain that I couldnt sit on the couch. I beat my ten year old cousin to bed and just collapsed into bed at 8:30. Not sure I really want to drive that far again.

Ill start a new blog post for the week....

No comments:

Post a Comment