Thursday, April 24, 2014

Real Life is Kicking My Butt.... and I dislike Cows

Sorry that is has been awhile again... I dont even know when I wrote last. Tuesday maybe?? So sorry! Life has been boring, relaxing, crazy, and busy all at once! Phew!

Work has been work. Honestly. I am still doing the same thing and being easily distracted. My row is pretty cool and I decorated my cube. its not so bleak and dismal but now it looks like my life has exploded on the three walls. And I find myself staring at the ones of Rome, Lake Como, and HWS and taking trips down memory lane. Its not good.

A few random stories....

First... real life is kicking my bum. I have been out of practice apparently because I have had some rough moments. I went shopping after work today (that story is coming up next) and I come home at 7ish or so, tired and HUNGRY. I plop down at the island and decide what Im having for dinner... then I remember that I was supposed to stop at the store on the way home because on Monday after the package debacle I had forgotten meat. OMG. I had nothing to eat. Fail at being an adult. I dug out dino shaped chicken nuggets and fries.

Also apparently I still need parental supervision. A few time now I have come home and shoved a dozen oreo cookies in my mouth while I was making dinner. Then when dinner is ready, Im not hungry. Wow. Classic stupid move.

So as I mentioned I stopped at the mall after work today. I didnt REALLY need to, but I feel like I have 7 outfits for work and I just keep rotating them. Gone are the days of leggings and slippers in the office and suddenly me wearing a dress is normal and not a sign that I am out of clothes because I havent done my laundry. (Oh I am out of clothes btw. Dont remember the last time I did laundry) Ok anyways I went to the mall. Just a quick little pat on my back I went to JCrew and didnt buy anything (there was an adorable dress there though. It took willpower) and I didnt go into Coach but just drooled from the window! The BIG pat on the back is... I walked in and OUT of the Lego store WITHOUT buying anything. Yes. You all read that correctly. The reason.... I wanted the Death Star, R2D2, Tower Bridge and the Paris cafe. All well over my budget. So I was awesome and didnt get anything. I rocked not spending money today. I do happen to get into awkward conversations with people. The guy who works there comes up to me and says:

"Welcome to the Lego Store. Who are you shopping for today!" -him
"Thanks. Oh its for me" -me
<Insert Blank stare>
"Oh ok... ummm... what are you looking for" -him
"Oh idk. Just looking around thanks" -me
"So are you a builder???!!!" -him
"ummm... I make the sets" -me
"Whoa cool. What collections do you have??" -him
and this is where we have an indepth discussion about legos and the hobbit.

Ok its late and Im a granny so I need to go to bed, but there is one more story that everyone will appreciate because apparently everyone thinks my misery is hilarious. I learned a lesson today. It sucked. So... the weather rocks down here. Rocks. And I LOVE going barefoot. Its fun and summer-like. Every Thursday I take the recycling down the hill to the street and today I was in such a "its  beautiful day" mood that I decided to leave the crocs behind and go barefoot. I grabbed the overflowing (thats key) container of recyclables and headed down the hill. It was apparent pretty quickly that this was a really stupid idea. Was was even more stupid is that I kept walking. I was a 1/4 of the way down the hill and I decided to go for it. I look up from the road and notice all of the creepy cows hanging out on both sides of the driveway. Argh. So im dropping things repeatably out of the green tub of recyclables. Then my feet really start hurting so I get a BRILLIANT idea to head over to the grass to walk on it. So Texas grass isnt WNY grass. Instead of the nice, green, lush grass it was mean, pointy, sharp grass. So Im saying bad words and trying to hobble back on the driveway. The cows just stare....Argh. So Im back to walking down on the road part and I see a great big stone. Oh thank goodness! At least one step wont be painful. I leap on to it was one foot and..... it was not a rock. Nope. Not at all. Its a cow patty of poo. Seriously?? By this point Im sweating and seething. There are an abundance of cows who are all watching my plight with great interest.

I get the recyclables out and see my neighbor. He looks at me with astonishment and says "honey.. dont you have shoes on??" Really. REALLY?? It took all of my willpower to be nice and say that I was being stupid and Im fine thanks. I close the gate and look back up the hill... I swear that the driveway has gotten longer and that there are more cows there to enjoy the show. I have never been in so much pain before. (well at least my feet) Oh my. I felt like the quiet stares of the cows was like I was in the dream that you dont wear clothes to high school and everyone is staring at you. So I talked to them... told them that I like them as hamburgers and I dont appreciate them all coming out for the show. I got blank stares. Argh. I hate them. I wish humans rode cows because that would have solved my problem. It took me ages to walk back up and I get in the house and smell chicken nuggets.. crap. They were all crunchy because I left them in too long. I cant even cook chicken nuggets. GAH. So... long story short, wear shoes in Texas and everything that I do that is embarrassing (alarm etc) is witnessed by at least one cow. (oh and since I mentioned it... the alarm is kicking my bum. Cant figure out why it just keeps beeping and I was trying to disarm it and I ended up setting it instead and it freaked out because all areas were secured except for the part that I was moving in. Argh.

Ok  Im so tired. Ill add the stocking story tomorrow (if i have time.) Im going out to dinner with the family tomorrow for my 4th (or is it 5th??) annual 21st bday. Should be fun!

I miss you all

No comments:

Post a Comment